Collective Rising Internships
Collective Power for Reproductive Justice is a movement building organization that develops and amplifies the skills, knowledge, and experiences of the next generation of reproductive justice leaders. We believe that young people from diverse backgrounds should have equal opportunities to lead.
Collective Rising is a 10-week paid internship program that matches undergraduate students with a range of reproductive and social justice organizations across the country. Through their internships, students gain valuable experience while providing invaluable assistance to organizations.
Our partner organizations span the country and advocate for a range of reproductive rights, health, and justice issues. This includes human rights, economic justice, racial equality, LGBTQIA+ liberation, immigrants’ rights, access to health services, and youth empowerment—among others.
Internship placements are substantive with interns participating in organizing, advocacy, direct service, community health, education, research, public policy and more. All interns receive a $5,500 stipend and complete an intensive internship training at the annual Collective Power conference. Interns receive 1:1 mentorship from a Collective Rising alumni.
Applications for the Collective Rising 2024 internship are now closed.
Since our program started in 1999, Collective Power has placed over 605 interns at more than 168 organizations.
Students selected for the program receive:
- A full-time 10-week substantive internship at a reproductive rights, health, and/or justice organization with a $5,500 stipend
- An intensive 3 day training at the annual Collective Power Conference. Training will include workshops on non-profit organizations, grassroots organizing, effective communication, self-care, and reproductive and social justice.
- Continued support and training throughout the summer
- An online community where the Summer Cohort will post reflective weekly reports
- An opportunity to present their work at the next Collective Power Conference
To be eligible for a Collective Rising internship, you must:
- be an undergraduate student at a US college/university including community and junior colleges
- not be graduating in the Spring or Summer of the internship year
- be returning to school Fall semester after the internship
- be able to attend the annual Collective Power Conference taking place in Amherst, Massachusetts in April 2024 for training.